- MARGARET LANZETTA
- Pet the Pretty Tiger
- Essays by poets John Yau, Judy Halebsky and curator Carol Schwarzman
- Preview essays and catalogue
- One of the artist’s preoccupations is how to read and understand
a constantly changing, visually insistent, multitudinous world. Lanzetta’s bold, graphic paintings weave, jam, and recombine patterns and shadow images to understand their often-unacknowledged presence in our lives.
- In her postmodern romanticism Pleasure, Beauty and Desire are always in the forefront of Margaretís concerns, as are the universality of pattern, issues of mechanical reproduction and our relationship with the natural world.
- Lanzetta's work creates a language, an immensely rich and complex palimpsest encompassing the physical and the cultural
Ö Within her process, beauty is not in the arrangement but in the in between, after the letting go and before the landing. Judy Halebsky
- Full color 2010 softcover
- ISBN: 978-0-9616183-5-3
- 89 pages 10.5 x 10.5 in.
- US $24.00